Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunday morning at the wholesale market

Thanks to my friend Chelsia, I visited Shanghai's food wholesale market on Sunday. The pace was chaotic, the colors and smells overwhelming, and the photo opportunities endless. I had a case of ADD trying to point my lens at everything at the same time. People were incredibly welcoming and friendly, gladly posing and letting me steal time from their hectic activities. This is a must-see for photographers, period.

Got watermelon?

The man on the right was tidying his clothes before the "official" portrait

Street sweeper #1

Street sweeper #2

Street sweeper #3

Shopping for fish

 Fishmongers and the largest (live) fish on stock, which went flying and landed on my feet (imagine how I smelled!)

A shopper in an inner lane's traffic jam

Lady butcher and her charming son

Life in 2D at the far side of the meat section (many if not all the vendors live on the premises)

A tired man will sleep anywhere

Mr. Cool Pyjamas stopped his scooter in front of me in the middle of chaotic traffic and asked for a photo

Lamb #1

Lamb #2

Hard-working scooter

Eyes that smile

Eyes that laugh heartily

No comments:

Post a Comment