Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SHMOG - Shanghai Museum of Glass

I visited this museum yesterday. I was surprised and delighted at the quality of the exhibition: spotless modern design of the space; a great balance of history/education exhibits with modern pieces; English captions along with Chinese.

It's a good 30 minutes out of the city in an otherwise unremarkable area. It will be great when the cafe opens (the nearest convenience store to get a bottle of water is a good km away). And the selection at the gift shop needs to go up several notches... But all in all, I highly recommend it!

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass"

Artwork by Steven Weinberg

Ambient light reflected through artwork (whose author I didn't note, sorry)

The Asian obsession with being fair-skinned reached the museum's bathroom

Visitors interacting with Steven Weinberg's works

No comments:

Post a Comment